Thursday, January 28, 2010


I had my 2nd tooth extraction this morning - ummmm yeah, it really sucked.

My appointment was at 8am.  I didn't leave until 10am.  It took over 1 hour to remove my tooth.  And I thought this was going to be the easy one ..

I was numbed 4 times during the procedure and 1 time after it was over

Toward the end of my procedure (about the last 20 minutes) my mouth was no longer numb for what reason I don't know and I wasn't "allowed" to have any more numbing medicine for what reason I don't know - so I felt EVERYTHING.  It was a terrible experience - I was in pain - I couldn't sit still - and I was sitting there crying and scared as my dentist worked tediously trying to remove my very non-cooperative tooth.  Finally, it came out.  I couldn't help it - I just started crying.  Part of me was exausted and frustrated and the other part of me was extremely relieved. 

My mouth is still bleeding, but thankfully not as much as it was before.  It was pouring blood - I went thru all my gause and chewed on 2 tea bags (supposed to help stop bleeding).  My face is also still lifeless - I look live I've had a stroke.  Eating and drinking is an experience.

I must say that I am extremely drugged at the moment.  This morning before my appointment I took a Xanax to relieve my nerves.  Now I am doped up on Vicodin on top of my Xanax.. so I am kinda tingly right now.  I feel like I can't concentrate and I wonder how I'm going to drive home (I'm at work right now)

It's taken me a while to write this post.. my hands don't want to work right.

I'll be back later..


  1. Uh oh!! Good luck! I hope things get better! Is this the last one? I hope so!

  2. Uh oh. I hope things have got better since you've posted! But at least your done with getting your teeth pulled!

  3. Oh Miranda!!! I hate that so much for you! What a terrible experience. Why did they not let you get any pain meds??? That is so awful. I'd never go back to that Dentist! I hope you got home OK. Praying for you!