Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Birthday!

Before I get started - I realize I skipped my Valentine's Day post .. no worries! I'll have that one up very soon!

Yesterday was my birthday!  I turned 26 years old. (Whew! Closer and closer to 30!)  It was a really nice and relaxing day.  Shelby had to be up and out of the house early, so I was able to relax and sleep in a little bit.  Tristan and I met up with a friend, Miss Kathryn, for lunch at Panera.  Afterwards we went to Target so I could pick up some more formula.  While we were there we found some really cute things for the master bathroom.  It's decorated in Green, Pink, and White.  I found an absolutely ADORABLE (AND BIG) rug that was originally $30, but marked down to $7.  It matches the colors (all 3!) perfectly! I also found a green framed clock to replace the plain white one we had in there.  It's so cute!!  It's all coming together quite nicely!  I also found some really cute rugs for my laundry room.  They are teal, pink, brown, (possibly green) and cream.  My next plan is to get some dark brown baskets for my shelves in there so I can "hide" all my detergent, etc. 
That afternoon Shelby and I took Tristan to a friend's house, Miss Kathryn and her husband's house, and we went to PF Changs and to a Movie!  I LOVE PF Changs! I ate Hot & Soup Soup, Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Crispy Honey Chicken, and a Red Velvet Cake Dessert :)  SO GOOD! I was stuffed!!  We ran across the street to Barnes & Noble so I could pick up a book called, "Organize Now!" and then we headed to the movies.  The movie we went to see was Valentine's Day.  It was cute!!! Lots of people are in that movie :)
For some reason, my computer is acting very strange. (My work one..)  Certain pictures on posts are "x-ed" out.  For instance.. a picture of my friend Rachel showing off her baby bump.  My computer won't display it! When I click on it to see why, it tells me that the picture is "Adult / Sexually Explicit".  WHAT?!?!?  I'm telling you... very strange... That picture is in NO WAY Sexually Explicit!


PS:  Have any of you ever given up anything for Lent?  I never have.. but I think I might this year.  It starts tomorrow and ends on April 3rd.  (Total 46 days)  I think I'm gonna give up Starbucks - that would be a pretty major thing for me.  One friend is giving up facebook.  If you are giving up something for Lent - what is it? :)

 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great birthday! :)

    And sorry I'm being "sexually explicit" in my fully-clothed belly bump photo! That's so odd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! I bet you had no idea baby bump pictures could be so racy (SP?).. I know I didn't! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great Birthday!
    I think I'm gonna try to give up chocolate for lent.

    ReplyDelete