Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Son - A Gift From God

This morning I watched Kelly’s Video about her sweet baby Harper. It really touched me and I am just amazed at what God can do. What a blessing and what an answered prayer. Harper just turned 1!

Before I became a parent, I never fully understood how precious children are. They are, without a doubt, a gift from God. They bring such joy and happiness. They bring laughter. Your life and your heart will never be the same. I look at my sweet Tristan and I am amazed at how lucky Shelby and I are to have such a perfect son. He was born without any complications. He was born into a family that loves him with all of their being. He continues to grow and learn and it’s all completely amazing. I am just so thankful that I was the one chosen to be his Momma.

My little man is almost 9 months old. He will be on Thursday (January 21). He’s growing so fast! He has a wonderful personality. He laughs easily and smiles constantly. He LOVES to play and he’s definitely a talker. He crawls faster and faster every day. He pulls up on everything and is so curious! He will soon be walking, I think. He has 2 teeth, which he loves to feel with his fingers. Ha ha. He says “Mama” and “Dada”, but he likes saying dada better.

I saw something on the TV yesterday about abortion. It really stuck with me and I feel sad. I guess abortions are done all the way up to the 19th week. When I was 19 weeks pregnant, I already knew I was having a boy. My baby had a name. My baby was a living human being. I just cannot fathom doing something like that to my beautiful son. He is so innocent. If I had made a mistake by getting pregnant, it’s MY mistake. Not his. Ugh, it just breaks my heart. I’m not here to start a debate and I don’t want to hear explanations why you think abortion is OK. This is my opinion, and I’m entitled to it.

For those of you who don’t have children yet, just wait. It will be the best time of your life. You will be amazed at how much love you can fit into your tiny heart. I know I was.



1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, Miranda! You know, we've talked about kids. My biggest fear (as a childless person thus far) is, how can I possibly make room in a full life for another person? I'm soo afraid of change, but we're just going to let God take care of it. Cause it really is a blessing and He knows what we need and He knows our hearts. I'm sure that as soon as that time comes, my heart will open up even more. I honestly look at you as an inspiration because you really exemplify what a loving mother is. Tristan is lucky to have YOU as a mother!!!

    ReplyDelete