Thursday, January 14, 2010

Goal # 90: Answer “50 QUESTIONS THAT WILL FREE YOUR MIND” PART 1

1. HOW OLD WOULD YOU BE IF YOU DIDN’T KNOW HOW OLD YOU WERE? If I had no clue what so ever how old I actually was, I’d guess that I was around 23 years old. I say 23 because that’s how old I FEEL – especially as I see my upcoming birthday vastly approaching and I tell myself, “There’s no way I’m turning 26.. Really? ALREADY?!” I always say, “I feel like I should be turning 23 instead!” 23 is a good age I think!

2. WHICH IS WORSE, FAILING OR NEVER TRYING? Never trying would be much worse than failing. Besides, if you never try how do you know if you’ll succeed? You might surprise yourself!

3. IF LIFE IS SO SHORT, THEN WHY DO WE DO SO MANY THINGS WE DON’T LIKE AND LIKE SO MANY THINGS WE DON’T DO. I think laziness has a lot do to with this. Or being in your “comfort zone”. For instance, say you have a job that you absolutely HATE but you’ve had it for years and it’s a steady paycheck. You’ve kinda gotten comfortable in that crummy job so chances are you’re not going to leave it for something else.. Especially after you’ve been in it for years. As for not doing things we like, we’re LAZY! Let’s face it! Or.. Maybe we don’t have the means (money) to do those things. I know that sometimes I’m lazy but most of the time we just don’t have the money to do the things we want to do.

4. WHEN IT’S ALL SAID AND DONE, WILL YOU HAVE SAID MORE THAN YOU’VE DONE? Looking back over the past few years, I’ve done a lot of talking but not much action. If I keep that track record, then absolutely. BUT – I will say that so far this year I’ve done a lot more action. It’s motivating!

5. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU’D LIKE TO CHANGE MOST ABOUT THE WORLD? This is hard, there are so many things I’d like to change about the world. Right off the top of my head, I’d love to stop suffering, poverty, struggling. There are parts of this world who live in terrible conditions. INHUMANE conditions, but it’s all they know! Could you imagine, those of you who are parents, raising your children in those conditions? Could you imagine your child sleeping in a dirt floor, eating out of the trash, drinking water that people use for baths and everything else? Could you imagine your children not having any toys to play with, or being able to get a good education? I’m sure these mothers love their children just as much as we love ours and I wonder if their hearts break when they know that they will never be able to provide anything better for their children? Luckily for us, we don’t know that pain.

1 comment: