Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Monday!

Christmas is only 10 days away. I’m very excited to spend Christmas with my family. I’m also very excited to see Tristan on his first Christmas. I hope we’re able to make tons of wonderful memories with him this year! He’s doing really well and hasn’t decided to attack the Christmas tree yet. I was thinking it was going to be so hard to keep him away from it, but thankfully he’s doing great!

This past weekend was a very relaxing weekend for us. Saturday I got to sleep in until 10:30!! THANK YOU TRISTAN!! Then we got up and did our Saturday cleaning. Shelby was working so it was just Tristan and I. He followed me all over the house – it’s so nice that he’s able to crawl where he wants to go. VERY cute too. All that crawling was hard work! – so he ended up taking an early nap. Shelby came home from work and we had a late lunch and then headed out to the grocery store. That evening we watched the newest Harry Potter movie and just relaxed. It felt SO GOOD to just relax!

Sunday we went to church and then went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch. Afterwards we came home and Shelby ended up taking an extremely long nap. I baked some pumpkin bread and clipped coupons. Yesterday evening we had our Christmas Party at church. It was a lot of fun and it felt great to get out and spend time with friends. Tristan had a great time!

This evening is Shelby’s work Christmas Party – I have to run to Target during my lunch break and find a gift for the gift exchange game. I hope we have a good time! Last year we did, so I’m sure we will this year as well. This Friday my parents are coming to visit – we’re going to do Christmas with them during their visit. They have to leave before Christmas to go back to WV, so I think we’re going to do our Christmas on December 20th. Friday evening Shelby has a holiday concert downtown. I’m looking forward to that! Then, Saturday is MY work Christmas party. After my parents leave, Shelby’s parents and sister are coming to celebrate Christmas with us. We have a busy couple weeks ahead of us!

This Wednesday some of the ladies at the office are getting together to make desserts for everyone. We’re gonna have a “Dessert Buffet”. I’m trying to decide what I want to make! Any ideas?

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I wanted to take this moment to publicly thank Miss Jennifer Miller for sending me a little Christmas gift. I got it this weekend. She read on my blog about how I LOVE coffee mugs, and she sent me the most adorable gingerbread man coffee mug. THANK YOU SO MUCH – I absolutely love it! She’s been my friend for as long as I can remember, and it’s friendships like that I cherish the most.  :-)

Until next Time ….

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm glad you got it and that it made it in one piece! I was worried about it! lol.

    A good dessert....thumb print cookies! They're SO easy to make and everyone loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Jennifer is the best :) Don't you love the holidays? There's always this awesome excitement. It's going to be so much more special now that you have your little man! By the way, that picture is just gorgeous, is that your tree?

    ReplyDelete