Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sewing Machines

Good Morning Everyone

I am seriously dragging today! I feel very hormonal and emotional today – and I HATE days like that! Why does it have to be so difficult to be a girl sometimes?!

Anyways – I’m thinking about purchasing a sewing machine. I want to make cute things and I’m realizing that I need a sewing machine to make these things. I’d also like to be able to embroider Tristan’s name on some things. BUT – I don’t know if you can do that with a sewing machine or if you need a special machine for that, etc.

Do any of you use a sewing machine? I’d love some advice on what to get or any other advice you’d be willing to give. I’ve never used a sewing machine before, but I want to learn.

Here are a few things I’d like to learn to make:
Throw Pillow Covers
Appliqué
Totes/Purses
Curtains/Drapes
Bibs/Burp Cloths
Possibly some Couch Covers
Bed Spreads

The list goes on and on and on ….

2 comments:

  1. I think that you can embroider on a regular sewing machine, but from what I understand, it's sort of difficult. I do know that they make a sewing machine that is made to do embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's difficult to embroider on a sewing machine. Most people who do alot of that have a sewing machine and an embroidery machine. They can be quite pricey and if you are really interested in making clothes I would get a basic Brother sewing machine (I love mine) and learn to embroider by hand. Or get the embroidery machine but just use it to personalize already made items.

    ReplyDelete