Wednesday, November 4, 2009



Ok ladies - let's talk makeup! While I was getting ready for work this morning, I noticed that my makeup bag is somewhat of a hodge-podge of brands.  I used to be a loyal Clinique user, but I've caught myself branching out to other brands.  My liquid foundation is almost gone and my poor powder compact is crumbled from where I dropped it in the bathroom yesterday morning.  I am in desperate need of new makeup.  I just don't know what to buy!!  Do I keep using my beloved Clinique?  Do I try something else that isn't as expensive?  Anyways - Let's take a look at what's in my makeup bag ....

Clinique Superfit Makeup Foundation
I really like this foundation because it goes on SO easily, and it's supposed to last all day - which I'd say it does.  Just a touch up with powder every now and again and you look good as new!


Clinique Almost Makeup Pressed Powder Compact
This powder is a light powder that doesn't look "cakey" on your face  


Bare Minerals Blush
I like the color of this blush more than anything.  You have to be careful not to use too much, or you will definetly look like a clown, but it's really pretty and light when you use it correctly!!


Maybelline Volum Express Mascara
I always try a new mascara each time I run out, so I don't really have a mascara that I am loyal to.  Right now I'm using Maybelline - and it's doing OK.  I bought BROWN this time because I have brown hair, etc - but I really wish I would have stuck with black.  It just looks better!


Clinique Lipstick
It can be really hard finding a lipstick that you like and I have tried quite a few, but I really love Clinique lipsticks.  I haven't found one that I DIDN't like with Clinique. I like the more sheer types and Clinique has a lot of different shades to choose from that aren't crazy. 


Lancome Fever Gloss
Ok - this lip gloss is AMAZING!  It's SO shiny and sparkly and VERY pretty to wear!  I usually wear this on top of my lipstick but it even looks great all by itself!  I recommend this to anyone looking for a nice lip gloss!!


I'm pretty basic when it comes to makeup.  I don't wear eyeliner all the time (basically because I don't know how to put it on correctly) and I'm not a big lip liner person either.  I tend to have dry skin, so I need something that will go on easily and not make me shiny later on in the day.  I don't wear eyeshadow - because like eyeliner, I don't know how to put it on correctly and I end up looking like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.

What's in your makeup bag?  What makeup products do you SWEAR by?  What would you recommend to others?!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, so I LOVE makeup. I've been basically obsessed with it since I started wearing makeup in middle school! I used to use Clinique until we had to cut back on expenses, and although I know it lasts a long time, I can't bring myself to use it. I typically use Maybelline foundation or whatever is on sale. I've been using Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse, it covers my pores really well and gives a nice soft finish. It is a little heavy though. I am in between colors, too, so I blend it with a lighter shade of Maybelline Liquid Mineral foundation.

    For mascara, I always use Loreal Voluminous and if you haven't tried it yet, you should. I've been using this for probably 6 years now. It's awesome. Right now I am trying Loreal Collagen Mascara and it's really great too. I like BIG THICK lashes.

    Now as far as everything else, I have a not-so-secret for lots of GREAT makeup for not much money. It's called Eyes Lips Face(http://wwww.eyeslipsface.com). They have tons of eye makeups, blush, nail polish, primers, powders and brushes and most of them are $1! Their mineral line runs about $3 per eyeshadow (for an example). The best part is that the quality is amazing. Shipping is a little pricey (usually runs about $6) but considering everything else is so cheap, it evens out. Sometimes I try to get ppl to order w/ me and split shipping. you should def. take a look and if you want, Next time I order we can go halfsies and I will just send it to you from my house :) Still saving money!

    I use the powder blush, the liquid blush, I have like 14 eyeshadows, all their brushes, and my favorite is the bronzer that is called a luminzer on the site. It gives my skin a nice shimmer but not in a tacky way. Just makes it look finished.

    I will talk makeup with you anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry I always post a novel when I comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your comments!! No matter how long!
    Thank you so much for the info!! I'm gonna try that mascara and def. check out the makeup website! The makeup I have now I have had FOREVER - I'm sure I need to just throw it away! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think more expensive make up and hair products are worth every penny....even if you're on a budget (but that's just me). I LOVE bare minerals....but i also like mac makeup! That's just me though...i know a lot of people who are happy using cheaper stuff. Going through cosmetology school opens your eyes A LOT and I will NEVER use hair stuff from Target again....and I"m sure next month I'll say that about make up as well (when I learn all about that). But like I said, I know a lot of people who use cheaper stuff. I know maybeline has a mineral line....... Anyway! good luck~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always buy tons and tons of makeup and I kid you not the best foundation I have ever found has been neutrogena. It's been so easy and good for my skin. For everything else I use Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i used to use neutrogena when i used foundation....back in the day. i liked it too.

    ReplyDelete