Wednesday, March 18, 2009

35 Weeks and Counting!

Tomorrow I will be 35 weeks pregnant. This last ten weeks have gone by so fast! I know people say this is supposed to be the slowest part of your whole pregnancy, but thankfully mine is moving right along. Maybe it helps to be busy!


This past weekend was my baby shower. I had a wonderful time! I never imagined I'd have such a cute baby shower, so I was so excited and happy! We got so many nice things - Tristan is one lucky boy! We're getting our last few things now, then we'll be all ready for him to get here.


It feels like I live at the Naval Hospital these days. I'm there every week and three days in a row so far this week. I have to go every week because of my gestational diabetes - so I hate to complain about it too much. I'm just ready to not have to go so often. I was there for 4 hours on Monday.. whew!


I really hope Tristan comes earlier than 40 weeks! At around 38 weeks I'm gonna go and get my membranes stripped. I heard this can help with starting labor. Of course it probably won't work the first time, so I might have to have it done again. I just don't want him to go past 40 weeks - the more you go over the greater chance there is for still birth (in babies of diabetic moms) - so I'm a little nervous about that. I'm SO nervous about the delivery. The closer it gets the more nervous I get. I'd really like to have him without an epidural, but I don't know if I can do it! The main reason I don't want any eipdural is because I'm TERRIFIED of needles. I also want it to be OVER when it's over - if that makes any sense :) I know God already has it all planned out and I will be fine - I still can't help but be nervous.


He hasn't moved a whole lot today. I wonder if it's getting too crowded in there?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment