Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Mumbo Jumbo

This past weekend was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I found myself thanking God like every 30 minutes for the beautiful day he had given me.  I felt so blessed!

Saturday Shelby and I got up and did our "Saturday Cleaning".  Then we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  Afterwards Shelby met up with some of his buddies to play some golf, and T and I went home to enjoy the wonderful day!  Tristan took a nap, so I sat out in the sun for about an hour.  It's amazing how much sun you can get in just an hour - I'm still pink from it! When he woke up we took a little walk around our neighborhood.  I wanted to get T out in the sun for a while, he LOVES being outside and he really enjoyed it! 

Sunday morning my dad arrived in town! He rode his motorcycle down from West Virginia! We were so excited to see him! We met him for mexican lunch, then headed home to relax.  That evening we took T to the golf course to take some pictures of him.  He has an adorable little golf outfit that we got for him before he was born.  He wore that yesterday so those pictures were perfect! :-) I made a roast for dinner and we enjoyed some golf (the Masters) , good dinner, and company.  It was a great day!


I can't believe it's already Monday! I have this Thursday off and I am so excited to be able to get out and get some things accomplished!  I'm gonna get my nails done Thursday morning, then possibly meet a girl friend for lunch.  Shelby's re-enlistment ceremony is that afternoon, then I'd really like to run to Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart to get the final things for T's party. 

Still no word about our cats.  I'm at a total loss as of what to do with them.  I guess we will have to take them to the pound or leave them on our doorstep when we leave? If you know me at all, you'll know that I cannot possibly do this.  I will be devastated.  I just don't understand why none of our family will help.  My parents are taking our dogs, so I can understand why they wouldn't want to take our cats too, but my husbands family isn't helping at all.  Shelby has asked them 3 times to take the cats, just until they can be allowed to come over, but each time they say NO.  Hard to believe, huh? They have a cat  and I guess they don't want to inconvenience  themselves or their cat.  I know we would help them out in a heartbeat, and we have 2 cats and 2 dogs.  I'm trying really hard not to be frustrated about it all.. really really really really hard.  It just makes me angry...

PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS! I'm still searching for a job in Hawaii and we of course have the cats to worry about.  I am so thankful for great friends/readers like ya'll.. you have no idea!

Have a fabulous Monday! :-)
 

3 comments:

  1. Please do not take them to the pound or just leave them!!! I wish I could take them, but we already have 4 and one dog. Call around and see if there are any rescues that might take them. Are you going to be able to get them eventually, or will you need somebody to adopt them? I know there is a rescue place here, actually several, that take animals in this situation....I bet there are even more in Jax!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just said a prayer for you guys... moving is such a stressful thing, especially when you have a job to find and homes to find for your kitties. i'm glad you had a good weekend and you had a chance to sit in the sun! have a fantastic week with a wonderful thursday off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me the flyer again to my work email and i'll print it and put it up on our office board and see if that will help get someone from my work to take them. Everyone is super nice at work so one of them might if they see them. AND OF COURSE! I'm saving time for you when you come to town!

    ReplyDelete