Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tucci Family Introduction

I thought I'd do a meet and greet type post.  I know that some of ya'll haven't known me for very long - so hopefully this helps you to know me better! :)

Hi, I'm Miranda. ha ha :)

I was born in Huntington, WV and I'm 25 years old.  I graduated from Marshall University, which is also in Huntington WV with a degree in Criminal Justice.  I'm an only child.  I have two wonderful parents who work in the medical profession.  I have lived in WV my whole life, well - up until I got married.  In college I was a member of a sorority : Phi Mu.  My college years were some of the best years of my life and I sometimes wish I could go back and re-live them!


I met my husband, SHELBY, in college.  We started dating in October 2005.  We got married a little over a year later on November 11, 2006.  Shelby was born in Odessa Texas.  He's 29 years old.  He has 1 sister, Michelle, who is working on he PhD at the University of Alabama.  His dad used to work for Shell Oil, so as a young child and all the way up through his college years he moved around a lot.  His dad later transitioned into the education profession, I believe after he received his own PhD, and that is what brought Shelby to Marshall.  (His Dad worked there).  NOW his parents are living in Meridian Mississippi.  His dad is the Dean for Mississippi State Meridian Campus.  His mom works for Mississippi State as well.


Like I said, we were married on November 11, 2006.  As some of you may realize, that's Veteran's Day.  ha ha.    Shelby was in A-School for the Navy and they were off for the holiday - SO that's when we got married! ha!  We were married at my childhood church with just a few family members attending.  We got married in a small civil ceremony because Shelby was in the Navy.  He had just joined 4 months earlier.  We took a short two day "honeymoon" in the booming city of Ashland Kentucky, and then that following Monday Shelby headed back to Virginia and I headed back to school! (I was still in school until December).


After I graduated college in December I moved all my things to Virginia Beach, VA to be with Shelby while he finished A-School.  In February of 2007 we had our "big" wedding and invited all our friends and extended family.  In April of 2007, we were stationed in Jacksonville, Florida and that is where we are living today.

Shelby is a musician with the Navy.  He plays the trumpet.  He's also an awesome golfer.


                          



Here in Jacksonville I work for the Clay County Sheriff's Office.  I'm a secretary in the White Collar Crime Unit.  That's basically ID Fraud, Money Laundering, Counterfeit Bills and Checks, etc.  I doubt they'll make a WCU Miami anytime soon, but I like my job. :)

We have 1 son, Tristan Michael Tucci.  He was born on April 21, 2009 after a very grueling (but totally worth it) 32 hour labor.  He was 7lbs 6 oz and 20 inches at birth.  Absolutely PERFECT.  Tristan is so funny.  He makes us laugh every single day with his exceptional personality.  We are definitely the luckiest parents alive!  This year we are taking time off to get organized, to get healthy, and then next year we'd like to have another baby. :)  I was an only child and I didn't like it, so I'd like to have a "big" family.  I say "big" because anything over 1 child would be bigger than what I'm used to!  ha ha.  I'd definitely like to have 2, but deep down I'd like to have at least 3. :)

The Day Before I was Induced With Tristan


Well into my marathon labor - ha ha



He's Here!!


Our Sweet Tristan : He has the best personality!


Life is good, God is good, and we have so many things to be thankful for.  This year, so far, has been one of the better years of our time together.  I am looking forward to the many more years we have together!

Now Please, Introduce yourself! :)

1 comment:

  1. Phil and I started dating in October 2005 too! There must have been something in the air!

    ReplyDelete