Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let's Play Catch Up!

Good Morning Everyone!

I’m sorry I haven’t blogged in a few days. I have no excuse – just laziness I guess. I’ve been on to read everyone else’s blogs; I just haven’t updated my own! Ha!

Well, let’s see ….

Monday I went in to have my first tooth extraction. When I left the dentist office last Friday they were not able to give me the cost estimate because the Dr hadn’t put my “order” in the computer yet. They closed at noon (must be nice!!) so I didn’t get a chance to call and find out. I had already paid all the bills, and we only had a little left over after groceries and gas, etc. I prayed all weekend for God to provide for us and for us to be able to afford the procedure. When we got to the office that Monday, I went to the front desk and asked the nice receptionist girl how much it was going to cost. If it was going to be a LOT I wanted some time for it to sink in. ha ha. She added it up and it was only $54.00 with the rinse included! $54.00?!? How amazing! I was so thankful that it wasn’t $300.00 or something like that. That is the number Shelby and I had in the back of our minds. Whew! God answered my prayer! It would have been an extra $85.00 for the anti anxiety mediations, BUT they didn’t put me down for any and it was too late to get them after I got there. I’ll admit I was looking forward to those drugs, BUT again, God had a plan for me! He saved me $85.00 and allowed me to get the procedure done without freaking out! Now I’m ready for the next one. I’m almost excited! (I say that now) After this next one I’m almost DONE! Once I got back in the chair, and they started on my teeth – it wasn’t so much fun or relaxing anymore. It took the Dr quite a while to get the tooth to come out. It was broken quite a bit and there wasn’t a lot to grab on to. So, he worked and worked and drilled and drilled and pulled and pushed .. and FINALLY it came out! The longer it took the more I was thinking to myself, “Oh man, my mouth is going to be SO sore later!”. Shelby and I left the Dentist and went to the base to get my prescriptions. After that we ran over to the commissary to get some pudding and juice. By the time we got home the numbness had worn off and my mouth was hurting a lot. Shelby had to go back to work for a bit, so I took my pain meds and tried to eat a little bit so I wouldn’t get sick off of them. Thankfully before too long they kicked in and I was able to take a really nice NAP! By that evening I was virtually pain free. All that struggle and I was pain free. It’s amazing, huh?

Tuesday I had to go back to work, so I got myself up and got ready. I got out of the shower and was drying my hair and I happened to look in the mirror and oh my goodness, it looked TERRIBLE! It was just hanging there and looking awful – then it occurred to me – I forgot to wash my hair!!! I had gotten it wet but never washed it.. so I was drying dirty hair! Ha ha! I jumped back in the shower, washed my hair, and then dried it again. This time it turned out perfect. Ha ha. It’s amazing what clean hair will do! It was a long day and I was so tired. I wasn’t in the best of moods but I was trying to push through! I got some work done and then I kinda chilled out the rest of the day. I just didn’t have any motivation. I was so happy to be home with my boys. Shelby was on a cleaning frenzy – he washed the floors, gave the dogs a bath, and cleaned the kitchen! It was WONDERFUL! Tristan was in an awesome mood (which is normal for him.. but it never gets old) and he was so much fun! We’ve been working with him on his walking – trying to get him to do it on his own. He’s doing pretty good but still unstable by himself. That evening I read some of my book then went to bed early. I slept like a baby last night! Soooo nice!

Today is a good day so far. My mouth is kinda sore today, but other than that it should be a good day! I went to Starbucks this morning and got myself a frappuccino. I have to eat it with a spoon, but it’s still good! Ha! I’m going to try and keep myself busy today – that way the day will go by faster! I’m looking forward to going home to my boys!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!


  1. Aw, Miranda I'm so glad to hear that the appointment went well and everything worked out!

  2. God answers prayers!! Glad it's almost over for you!

  3. I am so glad everything went well. The dentist always makes me a little nervous, but things usually turn out fine! Good luck on the next one! At least now you know what to expect!