Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Can There Really Be FINANCIAL PEACE?

"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it." ~Bob Hope

Isn't that the truth?!

So - Shelby and I are trying to come up with a way to organize our finances. I guess in this economy - who isn't?! Shelby and I aren't really affected by the falling economy... we were already poor to start with! ha! But anyways, we're wanting to come up with an organized way to keep our bills paid on time, save money, AND have a little money to spend on ourselves.

We've recently been blessed with the opportunity to experience that which is, Dave Ramsey. A friend I work with has been on his program and she SWEARS by it. "It's all common sense", she said. Isn't it funny how we need someone to tell us HOW to have common sense? By the money he's racking in from his program, I'd say I'm not alone! We haven't started it yet, but hopefully we will be able to start this weekend. We're going to implement our new "program" on September 1st. I'm really looking forward to this - I LOVE being organized.. when I'm not, I'm cranky :(

If you're willing to share - what has worked for you in keeping your finances organized? What's your "secret" or tips to having an organized financial LIFE!?



2 comments:

  1. I've shared ours with you before....but mostly we just have a budget and stick to it. We get all our money out of our cking account....so put as much on debt as we can and pay bills (soon our debt will be paid off, so we can start saving...in less than 3 months--Dave will tell you to pay off your debt first--especially high interest debt, THEN save). Then we get our spending money out in cash and when it's gone, it's gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil loves to listen to Dave Ramsey on XM! We will most likely be doing all this when we get married :)

    ReplyDelete